Staff in the School are very active in research and publishing in a variety of disciplines. These include linguistics, literature, history, sociology, geography, philosophy, and cultural studies.
- Recently published books (all Programmes)
Research by Programme
UC Research Profiles
- School of Languages and Cultures – UC Research Profile
- Chinese – UC Research Profile
- French – UC Research Profile
- German – UC Research Profile
- Japanese – UC Research Profile
- Russian – UC Research Profile
- Spanish – UC Research Profile
Research Centres and Projects
- Centre d'études du français dans le Pacifique (Centre of Studies for French in the Pacific)
- Exile and Identity in the Hispanic World during the 20th Century: Reflections and Representations
- Julio Campal Experimental Poetry Collection
- Ideas, Beliefs, and Identity. Spanish History through Philosophy (working title)
New Zealand Slavonic Journal (NZSJ)
The New Zealand Slavonic Journal (ISSN 0028-8683) is a refereed annual which publishes original contributions relating to all aspects of Slavonic studies, including, but not limited to, literature, linguistics, folklore, history, and political science. Since 2004 it is published by the School's Russian Programme. Journal site.
Experimental Poetics and Aesthetics
Experimental Poetics and Aesthetics (ISSN 1179-9397) is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed e-journal devoted to research in Experimental Poetics and Aesthetics. The journal will feature research on intermediate genre such as visual poetry, performance poetry, digital poetry, sound poetry, fractal poetry etc. as well as book reviews, performance reviews and other reviews that deal with experimental poetic modes. Submissions may be sent in English, Spanish or Portuguese. Journal site.