To aid the editing of material offered for publication please refer to the guidelines in the New Zealand Style Book and adhere to the following:
- Send by e-mail with an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as a typescript written in English with a postal address.
- Use one of the following formats: Microsoft Word for Mac or Rich Text.
- Cyrillic font: contact the above e-mail address for details.
- Paper Size: A4
- Page Layout: Double spacing
- Generous margins
- Indent first line of paragraphs
- One space between words and after all punctuation (including full stops/periods).
- Use full stops/periods for the end of sentences not abbreviations.
- British spelling.
- Italics (not underlining) for titles of books, newspapers, magazines, ballets, plays, long poems, foreign words and phrases (which have not become anglicised).
- Single inverted commas for titles of articles, short stories, unusual or highlighted words, etc.
Double inverted commas for quotations from authors.
- References must be numbered consecutively in the text and placed together at the end of the article. Please use Word's endnotes.
- Titles of Russian works must be transliterated and capitalised. The first time one is given it should be accompanied in brackets by its standard English rendering, eg: Voina i mir (War and Peace).
- Formal transliteration (including names) should use Library of Congress system, eg: -skii (except linguistic topics, which should use the ISO system, eg: -skij).
- Informal transliteration should use an anglicised style, eg: -sky.
- Full references should not be transliterated.